Sullivan Family Dentistry History
Our story begins with Richard Hugh Sullivan, Sr., known by us as “Poppy.” A 1932 graduate of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, Dr. Richard Sullivan, Sr. started his career in dentistry as an Army dentist during World War II.
When he returned from the war, Dr. R. Sullivan, Sr. resumed private practice as he opened Sullivan Family Dentistry. The original location was in the Doctor's Building on Church Street in downtown Nashville, later moving next door to the Bennie Dillon Building. In 1968, Dr. Curry Dale Sullivan, Sr. entered the practice with his father. They moved to our current location 33 years ago in 1985. Dr. C. Dale Sullivan, Jr. joined the family practice in 1996 upon graduating from the University of Tennessee Dental School. Dr. Richard Sullivan, Sr. passed away in 1999, but both Dale, Sr. and Dale, Jr. continue to serve their patients, and the practice has maintained its strong legacy in the field of dentistry.
In May 2017, we welcomed grandson and nephew Hunter C. Fleenor, DDS as our newest practicing dentist. We now serve the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of patients from our earliest days as an operating practice. Much has changed in the field of dentistry and in the city of Nashville since Sullivan Family Dentistry first opened its doors, but our dedication to providing the best possible dental care has remained the same.
We hope that you will visit us soon and become part of our family. Click here to request an appointment.